Wednesday, November 14, 2012

When I Don't Listen

Being 63 has allowed me to ignore people I don't think are worth listening to anymore and to not only listen but understand people I respect. The list of the former, people I don't listen to anymore, are Dan Rather, Tom Brokaw, Barbara Walters, and anyone of their generation as news journalist.

The list of the latter, people I do listen to, are Bill Moyers, Lawrence O'Donnell and Brian Williams, among others. But my point here is that Dan and Tom may be respected journalists but they don't say anything that others say better.

Both talk about their experience like it's our experience. It's not, and they don't represent what I know of the times I lived and experienced. They have a very foggy and fuzzy view of the past. And they simply espouse their opinion like we supposed to be awed by their words.

I'm not, so I don't listen. They're not worth my time.

No comments: