Monday, March 17, 2008

Monday Thoughts II


Ok, I ranted a lot with the first post for Monday. Even when it's St. Patrick's Day, and even in paradise we like the Irish for their spirit and soul, so I'll park the anger for awhile. And while I did go to and photograph the Seattle St. Patrick's Day parade, I didn't do a good job this year. I totally misjudged last year's parade and photographed far too little of it. And this years didn't seem all that exciting. Maybe because it's still March and cold?

Anyway, that and the anniversary of the Iraq war was pretty much the news of the day. I'll leave it to the Sunday New York Times editorials which pummelled Bush pretty good, to me, and bad if you like George, to speak volumes. The guy is almost totally clueless and his staff is almost totally blind. The new Govenor of New York has more eyesight and vision than the people in the White House.

There's a new interesting book by Melody Petersen about drugs and drug companies. It's a reality check about our health care system and being manipulated by corporations. Makes me wonder where the government of the people, for the people and by the people has gone. Or have we opted out of being citizen and just want to get everything cheap, and really don't care anymore except how far is the nearest Walmart?

Harsh? Well,maybe, but it's meant to be. How long will it take before we discover we've lost our democratic republic?

Other thoughts? Not much.

No comments: